SUMMARY ON WHY CHOOSING THE RIGHT FIRM IS ESSENTIALLY CRITICAL FOR YOUR BUSINESS:
- The SEO firm that ranks first in your geographic area is not necessarily the one you should work with.
- The best “SEO firm” for you might not be much of a firm. Bigger is not better. Less is often more sometimes. The right SEO firm for you might have just one or two employees working from a basement. Or it might be the SEO firm with 500 employees. Don’t write off either one automatically. P/S. KC Tech might be small, but we are true to our values and want only the best for our clients. We treat and share our clients’ success as our own success.
- All SEO firms are scam operations. This is 100% FALSE, in that it’s only 95% TRUE. Yes, you are right to be careful about the firm you hire. But as aptly put by the late Rex E. Lee about lawyers, but which applies equally to SEO firms, “It’s a shame that an entire profession should be maligned because of two three hundred thousand bad apples.” Always, get to know who is servicing your account and build a good relationship and bond with them so that you can be at ease that your marketing dollars are well spent.
4 TIPS ON CHOOSING THE BEST SEO FIRM FOR YOUR BUSINESS:
1) Decide on what you need. Do you need link removal, reputation management, a one time SEO audit, ongoing SEO, link building, PPC management, re-targeting, content marketing, or one of the other 20 services SEO firms frequently offer? If you’re not sure what you need, start by figuring out the job to be done. Do you want to grow sales by 20% over the next 12 months, or leads by 50% over the next six months? Is your goal increased rankings, or do you just need the boss to know that someone is working on SEO and then you can check this bothersome item off your to-do list? Have a goal in mind by which you will measure the success of your engagement with your SEO firm, and make that goal the centre of your communication with them. If you can’t measure how successful your SEO efforts are, you’re less likely to be successful with them.
2) Get Multiple Consultations, but keep it a secret. Once you know what you want, sit down with an SEO consultant of the SEO firm, in person or by phone or email, whichever that seems reasonably qualified and comfortable for you and ask them help you figure out what you need to do exactly. Most SEO firms will gladly offer you a free consultation in attempt to impress you with their business knowledge. After which, you’ll give them a few days to research and get back to you on the costs associated with the projects. During the consultation itself, take the time to learn more about who you are working with and whether or not you are comfortable working with such a firm. Lastly, while getting multiple consultations is good, don’t be overtly excessive with it. Further, always pay for quality as good SEO services requires strong marketing dollars. Cheaper or the Cheapest might not always be the best deal.
3) Get Case Studies and References. The #1 question you want to ask the SEO firm is “Are you going to help me get my job done?” Without being able to see into the future, the best way an SEO firm can answer this question is to show you how they’ve gotten the job done for other clients just like you. Having prior experience and understanding the confidence level of the SEO firm in helping you get the job done is another critical consideration for you in choosing the right firm to work with.
4) Make the firm tell you stories. A good SEO firm executes tactically. Stories help you get a clearer picture on what the SEO firm is all about. Ask the SEO firm how they were founded and what were the best and worst client experiences they’ve ever had, how they handled it and how they’ve improved over the years. I mean, its like choosing who to be-friend and who to hire. The SEO firm of your choice must match and share your own values and make you feel comfortable working with them.
Article Inspired by: Forbes (4 Tips to Hiring The Right SEO Firm)